By Martin Bugg, Digital Partner, Larking Gowen
Have you migrated your accounts over to online accounting software yet? If not, what’s stopping you?
At Larking Gowen, we’re passionate about supporting our clients to make the transition to digital accounting, and make it smoothly! We recently launched our How Digital Can Supercharge Your Business podcast series, where digital accounting specialist Jessica Rafferty-Smith and I discuss the key steps and considerations for businesses looking to make the transition from manual record-keeping to online accounting software. We dispel myths, highlighting the positives that come from digital accounting.
The series includes insights on good data and reporting, an interview with a guest from software provider, Dext, and a sector special on the benefits digital accounting can offer farmers. You can find the full series on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music or wherever else you get your podcasts. You can also find out more, with links to each episode, on the website larking-gowen.co.uk/lgi.
Here are some top tips to help you make a smooth transition to digital accounting.
Our top tips:
- Understand the benefits: There are so many advantages of online accounting software. These include eliminating paper, automating processes and getting paid more quickly. Online accounting provides tools that can supercharge your business! These tools allow you to manage your finances more efficiently which, in turn, can help with decision making. We can help you to find the right software.
- Plan your transition: Careful planning is crucial. Changing to digital tools can be challenging, especially if your business has been used to more traditional methods. Create a timeline for your transition and aim to begin at the start of a new financial year for a smoother transition.
- Don’t fear change: Sticking to the phrase “we’ve always done it that way” can be detrimental. The business landscape is constantly evolving, and being adaptable is essential for growth and success.
- Data migration tools: If you’re transferring data from your old system, make sure you have the right tools and support. Research available software solutions and choose the one that aligns with your business’s requirements. When migrating data to online software, it’s important to plan the process carefully and assess whether all historical data needs to be moved.
- Training your team: It’s essential that all team members are trained in using the new software to maximise its potential once it goes live.
- Continuous monitoring: After the transition, closely monitor how you use the software. This allows you to adapt, refine and build on your technology strategy effectively.
By following these steps, you can successfully migrate to online accounting software, even if you don’t tune in to our podcast (although we recommend that you do, as we give much more detail and insight on each of the above, and more!).
Change, when managed correctly, can supercharge your business and open up new opportunities for growth and efficiency. Digital tools have the power to revolutionise your business, and with the right support and strategy, you can embrace this change with confidence – don’t get left behind!
For more information call us on 0330 024 0888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article is designed for the information of readers. Whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy, information contained in this article may not be comprehensive and recipients should not act upon it without seeking professional advice. “Larking Gowen” is the trading name of Larking Gowen LLP, which is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (LLP number OC419486). Where we use the word partner it refers to a member of Larking Gowen LLP or a senior employee of equivalent standing. © Larking Gowen.