Businesses in Norfolk and Suffolk have access to new high-quality leadership and digital innovation courses.
The University of Suffolk has partnered with the Institute of Directors (IoD) and partner TrueCue Three to offer programmes in:
- Leadership for Directors
- Progressive Leadership for Women
- Data Analytics
The courses are part of the In-Career Education and Training (ICET) project, financed by the European Social Fund and the University of Suffolk.
A key element of the project is to promote the progression of women in business and digital. Women in business will be able to apply for 50% funding towards a leadership course specifically designed for emerging women leaders.
SMEs can access a wealth of other support, including IoD membership, accredited qualifications, mentoring and more, to develop the skills to recover from the impact of the pandemic.
The ICET project has also sponsored a free mini webinar series for SMEs in Suffolk and Norfolk, enabling them to tap into five key projects where they can access funding, technology, expertise and talent. These include:
- 50% funding towards leadership and digital training courses (ICET, In-Career Education and Training Project, University of Suffolk)
- Funding for new apprentices from the Apprenticeship Levy Fund (New Anglia LEP)
- Funding towards training for emerging women leaders (ICET, University of Suffolk)
- Funding to up-skill and train your workforce (The Supply Chain Skills Development Project – Suffolk County Council)
- Access to a funded mini-MBA programme and/or research expertise and entrepreneurial talent (The Entrepreneur Forge Project (University of Suffolk)
- Access to state-of-the-art 3D printers (University of Suffolk)
Debra Gingell, ICET project manager, said: “This is a great outcome for the University and local SMEs. The University’s ambition is to support SMEs to overcome challenges, recover from COVID-19, to be sustainable and grow! I’m particularly looking forward to supporting emerging women leaders to move on in their careers.”
Jonathan Geldart, Director General of the Institute of Directors, added: “We are excited to be working in partnership with the University of Suffolk to support SMEs by providing access to our world class professional development programmes and welcoming them as members of the IoD. Our East of England region has branches across the region, including in Suffolk, providing a local focus for directors and senior leaders.”
More details about the webinars are available at uos.ac.uk/icet-event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about ICET and training.